CBC back pay next year
Wed, October 31, 2012 - 12:09 AM
Staff of the Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) will have to wait until next year for their back pay.
As a result of CBC’s financially strapped position, the Barbados Workers’ Union (BWU) has accepted an arrangement for payment of the money associated with increments dating back to May 2009.
The arrangement will see CBC staffers receiving more than three years of back pay in two instalments next year.
Workers at the state-owned media house are now scheduled to be paid in May and September. (MK)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- arlene Browne commented on LOOKA LEW: $3000 in feathers and beads
- elliot gibbs commented on Canadians on bail
- Tony Waterman commented on Sad farewell for Charmer
- Tony Waterman commented on Amputations ‘a case’ for reparation
- Snow Cone commented on Short in Barbados to work, not party