CCJ President welcomes decisionPresident of the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ), Sir Dennis Byron.
Thu, January 24, 2013 - 4:10 PM
ROSEAU, Dominica - President of the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ), Sir Dennis Byron has welcomed the decision made by the Government of Dominica to severe ties with the London based Privy Council in order join the Trinidad based Caribbean Court of Justice.
The decision taken by the Government of Dominica to join the CCJ is timely. And the CCJ stands ready and able to serve. I trust that it will not be long before other governments in the OECS follow this example of leadership without too much delay” said Byron in a presentation to members of the Dominica Association of Industry and Commerce yesterday.
The CCJ President noted that while there are concerns that it is taking a long time for Member States within the Caribbean Community (Caricom) to join the CCJ in its final appellate jurisdiction, it is not abnormal for new Courts to take some time for litigants to bring cases before it. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?