Centenarian Ward still going strongCENTENARIAN GWENDOLYN WARD is greeted by Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
Mon, January 21, 2013 - 12:07 AM
There was much rejoicing at the home of Barbados latest centenarian Gwendolyn Euroda Ward at Ellerton, St George on Thursday.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave joined Ward’s family and friends in marking the milestone of the woman described by many as a caring person.
The ardent and faithful Seventh-Day Adventist for more than 50 years still attends the Eastlyn SDA Church, which she helped to establish.
The active Ward still cleans, cooks and does other household chores. (RL)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past