Chavez develops problems after surgery
Thu, January 03, 2013 - 10:39 PM
Venezuela's President, Hugo Chavez, is suffering from complications resulting from a "severe lung infection" which developed after surgery.
This is according to officials, who reported that Chavez, 58, had his fourth operation for cancer in Cuba last month. He then developed a respiratory infection.
In a statement from Caracas, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the infection had "led to a respiratory insufficiency".
Chavez is due to be sworn in for another term in office on January 10.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years