Chavez develops problems after surgery
Thu, January 03, 2013 - 10:39 PM
Venezuela's President, Hugo Chavez, is suffering from complications resulting from a "severe lung infection" which developed after surgery.
This is according to officials, who reported that Chavez, 58, had his fourth operation for cancer in Cuba last month. He then developed a respiratory infection.
In a statement from Caracas, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the infection had "led to a respiratory insufficiency".
Chavez is due to be sworn in for another term in office on January 10.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’
- Orson Arthur commented on Samoa-bound
- Carl Harper commented on Fees ‘best option’