Cheers to UWI!Sagicor UWI won their 2nd major cricket title of the season, taking the Sagicor General Super Cup in dramatic fashion yesterday. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
By by PHILIP HACKETT | Mon, October 15, 2012 - 12:09 AM
Jonathan Carter plucked out the off stump of last man Don O’Neal in dramatic fashion as Sagicor UWI pulled off a sensational six-run victory over CGI Maple to capture the Sagicor General Super Cup in a low-scoring final at Kensington Oval yesterday.
Set 120 for victory after restricting favourites UWI to 119 all out off 40.5 overs, Maple limped to 113 all out off 41.5 overs.
“It’s a really, really good feeling. We put in a very good performance today with the ball.
“We did not get enough runs with the bat. We knew that it was going to be tough to defend the runs against a quality side, but the guys stuck it out very well,” UWI captain Kyle Corbin told NATIONSPORT after the match.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on THE HOYOS FILE: Living in a Massy paradise
- Larsen Parris commented on Bajan sex workers urged to join body
- Larsen Parris commented on Young hitmen
- Carl Harper commented on Severance mess troubling