Cheers to UWI!Sagicor UWI won their 2nd major cricket title of the season, taking the Sagicor General Super Cup in dramatic fashion yesterday. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
By by PHILIP HACKETT | Mon, October 15, 2012 - 12:09 AM
Jonathan Carter plucked out the off stump of last man Don O’Neal in dramatic fashion as Sagicor UWI pulled off a sensational six-run victory over CGI Maple to capture the Sagicor General Super Cup in a low-scoring final at Kensington Oval yesterday.
Set 120 for victory after restricting favourites UWI to 119 all out off 40.5 overs, Maple limped to 113 all out off 41.5 overs.
“It’s a really, really good feeling. We put in a very good performance today with the ball.
“We did not get enough runs with the bat. We knew that it was going to be tough to defend the runs against a quality side, but the guys stuck it out very well,” UWI captain Kyle Corbin told NATIONSPORT after the match.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past