By MARIA BRADSHAW | Thu, November 08, 2012 - 12:10 AM
SEVERAL SMALL farmers are crying foul over a decision by management of Trimart Supermarket Ltd. to reduce the intake of chickens from them from 6 000 a month to a mere 20 a week.
The angry farmers, who did not want to be identified, told the DAILY NATION yesterday they had been informed of the change only last Sunday.
They charged that Trimart had “unceremoniously” dumped many of them and was now getting the majority of its chicken from Chickmont Foods Ltd, one of the island’s biggest chicken processing plants.
It is understood that Trimart has also informed a Christ Church chicken processor that it would no longer be taking Grade B chicken from his plant.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Larsen Parris commented on Tourism’s new body
- Leif jensen commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Carl Harper commented on Columbus Short in Barbados for Crop Over
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Warrens complex a hard sell for Govt
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Bajans told to pay tax