Concessions to ease Garcia situation
Wed, October 24, 2012 - 5:24 PM
Madame Justice Margaret Reifer today granted a number of private concessions to detained Cuban-born, American-raised and Barbadian rehabilitated former drug dealer Raul Garcia which should make living conditions easier at the house in Dalkeith, St Michael where he is detained.
But an application by his attorneys claiming he is being unlawfully detained won’t be heard until November 21.
High Court judge Madame Justice Reifer met with Garcia’s lawyer David Comissiong, and Donna K Brathwaite, attorney for the Minister responsible for Immigration and the Chief Immigration Officer for almost two hours today to mediate an amelioration of Garcia’s conditions.
Full details in tomorrow's DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?