Cops: Take care on roads!Public relations officer Inspector David Welch. (FP)
Fri, December 28, 2012 - 12:11 AM
The police are urging caution on Barbados’ roads for the rest of the holiday season, following the recent fatal accident that claimed the lives of two young women and a baby.
“We have already had one accident which has led to three fatalities, a tragic circumstance for the Yuletide season. However, we are still into the holidays and with the New Year coming up, we in the force continue to express our concern,” said police public relations officer Inspector David Welch in a telephone interview on Wednesday.
He said the Police Force noted an increase in revelry during such times but it was no excuse to break the law and endanger lives.
“We urge the public to exercise greater caution on the roads. We realize there is an increase of holiday traffic with people going to recreational activities where [they] tend to increase their consumption of alcohol. So we are asking motorists to desist from drinking and driving,” he said. (CA)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past