Costly repairs after school fire says ministerClasses were disrupted at The St Michael School because this building was destroyed by fire. (Ricardo Leacock)
Tue, January 15, 2013 - 7:22 AM
EDUCATION OFFICIALS are concerned about the high level of disruption at schools because of fires.
Minister of Education Ronald Jones said the sequence of fires, which caused damage to two schools in recent times, was “interesting”.
Speaking to the media yesterday in the wake of a fire at The St Michael School last Saturday, Jones reported that students at the Government Hill Nursery School were still attending classes at an alternative location because the facilities were not yet “back up to scratch”.
The St Michael School was closed yesterday and will remain so again today as the clean-up of the burnt prefab building and resulting issues are dealt with, while investigations continue.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?