Cover Drive for QC showMINISTER OF CULTURE Stephen Lashley and chairperson of Give Back QC, Vivian-Anne Gittens.
Thu, November 15, 2012 - 12:01 AM
THE QUEEN’S COLLEGE Give Back Committee is stepping up its efforts to raise funds to get the school’s pavilion started.
The event to help raise the required $1.2 million for the project was launched at East Restaurant, Waves Hotel, Prospect, St James, yesterday.
The Barbados Gold Buyers Shine concert, described by committee chairman Vivian-Anne Gittens as its “most ambitious” event to date, will feature the award-winning Cover Drive and a cast of other local talent including Rupee, NexCyx, Philip 7 and Simon Pipe. It comes off at Ilaro Court on January 5 at 7 p.m. and is the main event in the Give Back campaign launched two years ago.
Organizers expect the concert to move the already accumulated $500 000 to the required $840 000 for construction to commence. (YB)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- David Hall commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- dirtyokra two point o commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Wayne Webster commented on Boyce: Pardon cricket rebels
- Wayne Webster commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon
- l h commented on Fake interpreter