Cruise doubtsSenator Santia Bradshaw
Thu, October 11, 2012 - 12:09 AM
OPPOSITION Senator Santia Bradshaw is questioning the economic and tangible benefits the Cruise Ships (Opening of Facilities) Bill will offer.
Speaking in the Senate yesterday, Bradshaw asked what would a cruise ship operator wanting to conduct business in Barbados between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. be charged
“If the Government is making a decision such as this, one would feel more comfortable knowing the amount of money or the potential revenue that this country is able to generate from licence fees,” she said.
Bradshaw said the licences would enable a cruise ship to operate here for three years. (MK)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years