Curious kidsFrom left, Janiva and Jaria inspecting the sea cats as Terrel Howell and Akil Archer make tentative steps towards the molluscs. (Nigel Browne)
Tue, January 22, 2013 - 12:05 AM
A SLIPPERY, SLIMY, rubbery tentacled octopus is not something people may think children would want to play with.
In fact, there are some adults who would have to be physically forced to touch one.
But at Martin’s Bay, St John, yesterday afternoon, some children had no problem playing with the cephalopods, known commonly as sea cats.
However, this was not entirely true as it was, a little strangely, the girls who were playing with the sea cats while the boys stayed away.
Sisters Janiva and Jaria Payne said their father had caught the creatures and given them to her and her sister to hold until he returned. (CA)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port