Customs officer on drug charges
Thu, September 13, 2012 - 5:16 PM
Margaret Yvonne King, 48 years of Harmony Hall, St. Lawrence, Christ Church, was arrested and charged for the offences of possession, trafficking, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of 29 pounds of cannabis on September 12, 2012.
King is employed as a Clerical Officer with the Customs Department. She went to the Port to clear two barrels which were inspected by Customs officials. The inspection revealed 39 packages of cannabis concealed in boxes of foodstuff and detergent. She was detained and the drugs seized.
King appeared today Thursday September 13, 2012 at the Oistins Magistrate Court and was not required to plea to the charges. She was granted bail in the sum of $100,000 with one surety to return to the District A Magistrate Court on September 17, 2012.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on St Joseph folk cry out for water
- Bim Bum commented on 70 acres scorched
- Orson Arthur commented on Danger lurks in the bush
- Sodi S commented on Smaller turn-out, but Beach Party still thrills crowd
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Jealousy made me break up marriage