Customs officer on drug charges
Thu, September 13, 2012 - 5:16 PM
Margaret Yvonne King, 48 years of Harmony Hall, St. Lawrence, Christ Church, was arrested and charged for the offences of possession, trafficking, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of 29 pounds of cannabis on September 12, 2012.
King is employed as a Clerical Officer with the Customs Department. She went to the Port to clear two barrels which were inspected by Customs officials. The inspection revealed 39 packages of cannabis concealed in boxes of foodstuff and detergent. She was detained and the drugs seized.
King appeared today Thursday September 13, 2012 at the Oistins Magistrate Court and was not required to plea to the charges. She was granted bail in the sum of $100,000 with one surety to return to the District A Magistrate Court on September 17, 2012.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- june skeete commented on Parade celebration brings new touch to Oistins
- Bentley Beckles commented on Prison officer behind bars
- Mel B commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- albert adams commented on Robber nabbed
- Tony Webster commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended