Cutting away the danger
Sat, November 03, 2012 - 12:05 AM
With memories of Superstorm Sandy and its deadly onslaught still fresh, Barbados’ essential services are continuing their hurricane preparedness programmes.
Last weekend it was the turn of the Barbados Light & Power Company Limited to do some tree-trimming on Black Rock Main Road, St Michael.
BL&P workers removed several overhanging branches of tall roadside mahogany trees to avert any trouble during the last four weeks of the Atlantic Caribbean hurricane season. (AC)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- wayne husbands commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert