CXC to give 2nd chances
Sat, October 27, 2012 - 12:09 AM
The Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) will not only introduce three new subjects next year, but will soon launch a project to give those who’ve left school without important qualifications – including prisoners – a second chance at education.
The announcements came from CXC Registrar Dr Didacus Jules yesterday at the Grande Salle of the Central Bank, as he delivered the latest University of the West Indies in the Community Lunchtime Lecture Series on the topic The Challenges Of Education In The Contemporary Caribbean.
He said tourism, entrepreneurship and digital media would be added to the list of Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) offerings from September 2013.
The digital media offering, which Dr Jules said he was most excited about, would involve modules in gaming, film and digital media. (DP)Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Not fit for old woman
- Mac 10 commented on No to backpacks
- Tony Webster commented on Ebola workers slaughtered
- Wayne Webster commented on THE HOYOS FILE: Last gasps of the dying cartel
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Wife points out past lovers