Day to focus on kind deeds
Thu, November 01, 2012 - 12:07 AM
Schools are being asked to recognise Mondays this month as Acts Of Kindness Days, as part of a campaign to root out bullying.
Called the Chrissy Anti-Bullying Campaign, the initiative was launched yesterday at the Divi Southwinds Hotel, Christ Church.
Underpinning the campaign is the local movie Chrissy, which producer Marcia Weekes said would be made available to schools so that guidance counsellors and principals could use it to open up discussion on bullying.
During November, the aim would be to have bullying recognized, reported and rejected by students and teachers.
There will also be an anti-bullying drama competition with theme I Choose Kindness. The winning school will receive a prize of $1 000. (LK)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Working to secure future
- daneale o'neale commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- Carl Harper commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on Wall of Art
- Tony Webster commented on THE BIG PICTURE: Sacred and profane