DEAR CHRISTINE: He isn’t ready to settle down with me

DEAR CHRISTINE: He isn’t ready to settle down with me

Tue, March 26, 2013 - 12:00 AM

Dear Christine,

I always make a point to read your column and now I’d like some advice. I am 23 years old and my boyfriend is 26. It seems like he has no intention of really settling down; we’ve been seeing each other for the past three years.

Although we live together, we do not see each other regularly. He is always out. I wash his clothes, cook for him and do whatever I can to make him happy.

Christine, he has a car and is always seen about the place with women in the front seat – always a different woman. When I speak to him about his lifestyle, he says he can have as many women as he wants as he is his own man. I do not ask him for money but we share the responsibilities in the house.

He gets very annoyed when I speak to him about the amount of time he stays away from home and threatens to go back home to his parents.

What can I do? I have a job and can support myself.

– DC

Dear DC,

You have two choices: you can either help him pack his bags and get him out of your life, or you can pack your bags and get out of his life. It is as easy as that! He can always find one of the other women who drive around in his car to wash his clothes and cook his food.

– CHRISTINE

Posted by ego evaluation 1 year ago
The only thing we have to do is stay black and die, the next time he tells you about leaving, asking if he needs help packing.

He is lost in space, and obviously cant see any future for himself and by extension you. Some people spend their life partying and sexing, and later when they realise they are old and have rely on social services, they wonder why.

You seem a smart young lady, continue to take care of yourself, there is nothing wrong with being alone, in time there will be someone for you.

Posted by Cheese On 1 year ago
Well said Christine.

This man is not your man, he sees you as his mother away from home. You are doing what his mother should be doing for her Big Baby Son!!! This is why he is running around and telling you he will run back to home to Mommy (to Breastfeed).

If the apartment is nice and reasonable, stay and be your own woman if that suits you. If your parents want you back home and you feel comfortable there, then save the rent money & go home where you are Appreciated!

Rise above this Big Baby and pray you meet a nice MAN that you can marry and settle down with, Don't lose Hope!

Posted by Bajan Gal 1 year ago
My dear, the man already told you he can have as many women as he wants, so you already have your answer. So what else you expect Christine to tell you?

Is this the type of man you really looking to settle down with? Stop exposing yourself to diseases and pack he back to he ma!

In my opinion, you should use your precious time to search for a man that has the same goals and morals that you do; with God's help you will find one. Stay positive and best of luck to you.

Posted by SANDREA BUTCHER 1 year ago
So why are you writing Christine, when the handwriting is on the wall? Stop himming and hawing and left de man. That way, you can cook, clean and wash for yourself. Your mind will be at ease. And you can find sometime for personal development, maybe join a social group, or a sports team.

Review your self concept.

Posted by Stephenson Mark 12 months ago
Firstly you need to ditch that dude that everybody goods. Independent women like you are typical wifey cuz not much young women do these things u do for him, you should not be number 1 but the only one. Think u could do better considering u said u take care of yourself.

Do you think the latest attempt to regulate the public service vehicle sector will be successful?

• Wednesday, April 16, 2014 TOON - 2014 04 16