Dems, Bees out and about
Wed, January 30, 2013 - 12:08 AM
It can’t said that the February 21 general election date announced yesterday caught anyone napping.
The MIDWEEK NATION caught up with two candidates canvassing yesterday – Stephen Lashley for the Democratic Labour Party (DLP) in Christ Church West-Central and Ian Gooding-Edghill, a Barbados Labour Party (BLP) first-timer seeking the St Michael West Central seat.
Lashley was in Vauxhall and said his focus had always been on enhancing the community and this was not about to change.
“I want to focus on youth development and on getting seniors involved in community activities. Sports is also big for developing people and I have seen the youth come on in a big way,” he said. (CA)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port