Devaluation not on cards, says Boyce
Thu, November 15, 2012 - 12:12 AM
DEVALUATION of the Barbados dollar is out of the question.
That’s the word from Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Senator Darcy Boyce.
And he has also made it clear that Barbados has no date with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Boyce was speaking in the Senate yesterday during debate on the International Business (Amendment) Bill, which would adjust the tax schedules for the international business sector.
He recalled that during the early 1990s, he had worked with colleagues such as Independent Senators Geoffrey Cave and Sir Roy Trotman to make sure devaluation was off the cards.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- elliot gibbs commented on Home cry
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Orange Peel commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Afraid to tell him I’m not into sex