Devaluation not on cards, says Boyce
Thu, November 15, 2012 - 12:12 AM
DEVALUATION of the Barbados dollar is out of the question.
That’s the word from Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Senator Darcy Boyce.
And he has also made it clear that Barbados has no date with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Boyce was speaking in the Senate yesterday during debate on the International Business (Amendment) Bill, which would adjust the tax schedules for the international business sector.
He recalled that during the early 1990s, he had worked with colleagues such as Independent Senators Geoffrey Cave and Sir Roy Trotman to make sure devaluation was off the cards.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally