‘Do more’ for the needy
Thu, December 27, 2012 - 12:09 AM
A plea is being made for more to be done to feed and house the needy who are feeling the brunt of the economic recession.
It came yesterday from two minimum wage workers waiting in line for lunch from the Save The Nation Foundation in Queen’s Park.
David Depeiza, 53, told the DAILY NATION that while he was happy for the meal, he wanted to be able to at least make ends meet.
Depeiza said his pay was simply not enough to get him by every day of the week. (MM)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on UPDATED: Barrack removes locks
- Lisha Clarke commented on Board probing bus video
- Leonard B commented on BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Canada still banking on the Caribbean
- D. Stoute commented on ‘Money in seaweed’
- Carl Harper commented on Moody’s rating ‘affects interest payments’