Doctors owed $2mDr Carlos Chase. (FP)
Fri, December 28, 2012 - 12:09 AM
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) owes doctors more than $2 million in entertainment allowances.
In conceding that the 48 doctors who had attained the S4 grade had not been paid their allowances, chief executive officer Dr James said in a statement yesterday that the outstanding allowances predated the QEH board.
“We have computed the outstanding amount at just over $2 million. However, special funding would be required to fulfill this payment for consultants at S4 grade,” James said.
In a story appearing on the Back Page of the MIDWEEK NATION, president of the Barbados Association of Medical Practitioners (BAMP), Dr Carlos Chase, accused the QEH of deliberately exploiting doctors and disadvantaging them through its employment practices. (YB)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Adam Shaw commented on PM Stuart recovers in Canada
- Wayne Webster commented on Town Planner: It’s not our fault
- Sodi S commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Tony Webster commented on THE ISSUE: IMF ‘help’ a given alternative
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?