Dodds doors opened to all
Thu, October 18, 2012 - 12:07 AM
THE GATES of Her Majesty’s Prisons Dodds were again open to all yesterday as the Barbados Prison Service held a health and wellness day.
Chairman of the planning committee for the prison week of activities 2012, Sophia Sandiford, said organizations such as the Warrens Eye Care Clinic, the Family Planning Association, Comfeet Foot Care Clinic and the Ministry of Health had been invited to share information and conduct health checks during the four-hour long event. She added that prison medical personnel would also be utilized.
“This is a small fair, but so far we’ve had a lot of different people passing through as we were hoping the people who may be visiting the inmates would stop and take part. So far I’m impressed with how the week is going. We have received a good response from the public,” she said.
The week of activities began with a service on Sunday at the St Philip Parish Church. It will continue today with a staff sports day, followed by a fair on Saturday in the prison car park and will end with a fun run on Sunday from Emerald City, Six Roads to Dodds. (CA)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past