Don’t waste energy, pleads PMPrime Minister Freundel Stuart. (FP)
Mon, November 19, 2012 - 12:09 AM
Describing the steep fuel import bill as “wholly untenable”, Prime Minister Freundel Stuart has urged Barbadians to conserve energy and look more towards renewable sources.
He said that Barbadians wasted electricity generated by oil and took a major renewable source of energy – sunlight – for granted.
It was necessary “to ensure that we reduce our dependence on the importation of oil and oil-based products”, he declared.
Stuart made the comments yesterday during a service at the Dalkeith Methodist Church to mark an end to observation of National Energy Week.
He referred to Barbados’ 2010 national oil import bill of $787 million. (GA)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port