Double delight for tennis teams
Wed, October 31, 2012 - 12:03 AM
Two table tennis doubles teams won gold medals for Barbados at the recently concluded Huntsman World Senior Games in St George, Utah, United States.
Players John Pilgrim and Chares Lovell teamed up to win the first gold medal, with compatriots Carvo Grant and Wilmont Goddard the other gold medallists.
The table tennis team brought home a total of eight medals – the highest tally won at an international game in one year.
Pilgrim told MIDWEEK SPORT he believed the victory would encourage greater participation by past tennis players.
“I believe that being involved in sports not only impacts positively on your health but your quality of life in general,” he said.
Pilgrim, who is also executive director of the National Productivity Council, noted that through a special programme, the council in collaboration with the Ministry of Social Care was currently involved in developing initiatives towards encouraging more senior citizens to engage in sporting activities that will promote a healthy lifestyle. (AH)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years