Double delight(Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
Wed, October 17, 2012 - 12:05 AM
It’s double delight for Sagicor UWI cricketers.
After capturing this year’s LIME Elite title in commanding fashion, UWI showed all and sundry that they are the best cricket team in Barbados by capturing the Sagicor General Super Cup crown in a low-scoring final against CGI Maple at Kensington Oval on Sunday.
Down and almost out when they were bundled out for a paltry 119, UWI did not lie down and play dead. Instead, they revealed the stuff that champions are made of by rebounding to rout their northern opponents for 113 to triumph by six runs.
Emotional all-rounder Jonathan Carter (right), who had the golden arm, claiming the last two wickets with successive balls, could not contain his joy.
He celebrated the victory in style with teammates Nekoli Parris (left), substitute Raymon Reifer (second right) and coach/player Floyd Reifer by running towards their fans in the 3Ws Stand. (EZS).
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sodi S commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Tony Webster commented on Cruise record
- Bentley Beckles commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Carl Harper commented on Shane takes bronze
- Carl Harper commented on Sinckler sorry for BRA slip-up