Dowell takes two titlesDOUBLE DELIGHT: Mark Dowell making a back hand return on the way to winning one of his two titles.
Mon, November 12, 2012 - 12:09 AM
Mark Dowell showed why he is nicknamed “The Shark”.
The aggressive stylist ate up everything and everyone before him in the singles events to take away two national table tennis titles on Saturday night.
Dowell became the first ever Premier League champion when he defeated Aaron Barker 4-2 in a compelling contest that brought out the best in both players at the Table Tennis Centre.
Dowell returned just under an hour later to take out the same opponent 4-0 in the singles event for players rated 2000 and above.
“I am feeling good about the victory,” Dowell told NATIONSPORT after the finals.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port