Drive to woo youth
Wed, October 17, 2012 - 12:03 AM
With the excitement and interest generated by the 2012 London Olympics, the Barbados Badminton Association has launched a Saturday morning drive geared towards creating more players in the island.
Sessions are held at the Barbados Community College (BCC) every Saturday from 10 a.m. with current and former national players guiding three groups of players, ranging from beginners to intermediate and advanced.
Former president and current secretary of the association, Mervyn Gordan, said that the players just needed to bring rackets and a contribution of $10 to help pay for using BCC’s gymnasium.
“Even if they do not have a racket in the initial stages, they can still come along as we will provide a racket,” said Gordan.
The sessions will be held each Saturday once the gym is available until December 1. (KB)
- Editor's Choice
- Georges Augustin commented on Embrace African heritage!
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Bim Bum commented on Credit unions must pull investments
- Bim Bum commented on Too much emotion!
- Bim Bum commented on Increase in drugs from US