Sun, May 06, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Four goals in four FA Cup finals, and now four winners’ medals for Didier Drogba.
Cementing his status as Chelsea’s player for the big occasions, Drogba clinched a 2-1 victory over Liverpool yesterday to prove his enduring value to the team at the age of 34.
“He is my hero,” midfielder Frank Lampard said. “No striker I have ever played with has scored so many important goals in finals.”
In fact, no player has ever scored in as many FA Cup finals as Drogba.
“That’s the reason why I came here, to win trophies and to make history with the club,” said Drogba, who joined Chelsea in 2004. “The result is great for us, for the fans, for the club. Our fourth FA Cup final, fourth win, fourth trophy,” added the Ivorian. (AP).
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally