Elcock loses out to ClarkeCyclists are closely grouped along Spring Garden Highway. (Kenmore Bynoe)
Tue, November 20, 2012 - 12:00 AM
RUSSELL ELCOCK finished the season just where he started it.
In second place, where else?
Cycling’s perpetual bridesmaid had to settle for yet another runner-up finish in the senior division after Philip Clarke outduelled Elcock and Jesse Kelly in a sprint to win Sunday’s season-ending criterium on the Spring Garden circuit.
It was at least the sixth second-place finish in the top flight for Elcock, who started the year with five such results in his first six starts.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- wayne husbands commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert