Election day is February 21

Election day is February 21 Prime Minister Freundel Stuart

Tue, January 29, 2013 - 5:30 PM

Barbadians will be going to the polls on Thursday, February 21.

Prime Minister Freundel Stuart today announced that he has already officially notified Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and the appropriate proclamation has been duly issued.

Nomination Day is set for next Wednesday.

The announcement was made in a release from the Government Information Service. (CM)

Posted by CARL HUSBANDS 1 year, 8 months ago
Simple and to the point in contrast to all of the histrionics of the opposition. Sir, as long as you put Barbados first, you will have my continued support. Moreover, as long as you continue to stay true to yourself, you will always have my respect.

Posted by Frank Husbands 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks Finally, however too much tom foolery was played with this date. We all will see soon what is written in the stone.

Posted by Rico Cave 1 year, 8 months ago
finally........ time for DLP to GO!!!

Posted by David Hall 1 year, 8 months ago
Thank you Sir! Happy retirement!

Posted by David Hall 1 year, 8 months ago
All that Boasting and Bragging and suddenly not even the gall to announce the election in person? WOW!

Posted by Pan Wallie 1 year, 8 months ago
Best wishes to all the candidates. May the most genuine, dedicated and worthy ones be voted in.

Posted by Kenneth King 1 year, 8 months ago
Funny how many BLP supporters are freelance propaganda contributors of this paper and like Vultures on the thumb button when confronted. Well thank God we are not in Egypt where we have to run for our lives. My problem is why each time this party gets in power big spending, National treasures are sold, Politicians salaries increase, Buildings build but unable to pay for them yet before the country recovers we put them back in. I know each citizen has the right to choose as it is his or her democratic right but this is my opinion of it all; my hope is that the Country vote for the man they think will put politics aside and put the Country forward in these hard economic times to ease the working class, implement ideas where stimulus growth prevail and none anarchy a thing of the past. Politicians are voted into Government to do the people's business and not their own personnel purposes. It has always bothered me why our politicians are paid more money than the President of the USA or the German Chancellor who's population are in the millions, yet with about 280,000 average and highly educated men and women we cannot control our spending and over priced goods in the country to avoid further poverty and job development or growth for that matter. The many economist seems to have their own arguments as to what we should or should not do yet the country is in debt and not one of them have a solution. The former Prime Minister of the BLP was also an economist yet the country had records of bad spending which brings me to question, what new methods of growth and surgical band-aid to repair our wonderful land.

Posted by Bajan Fishermen 1 year, 8 months ago
Finally you have awaken from your drunken power stupor and called elections. In your arrogant way, you did not have the courage to deliver the message live and face this Nation. You continue to treat us with utter disrespect, even as you would want us to re-hire you Mr. Stuart. I for one will not vote for you or your party again this time around. I will cast my vote NOW For THE BARBADOS LABOUR PARTY.
You have taken my vote of the last election and treated us with disdain, Mr. Stuart.
So, now with what the constitution of Barbados has endowed me,I will use it to send you into political retirement.
Good bye, and do not let the door hit you on the way out.

Do you believe the Ministry of Education correctly handled the situation at Grazettes Primary?

• October 22, 2014 - 2014 10 22