Errol Barrow Day celebrations underwayMinister of Finance Chris Sinckler and party supporters and this evening's event. (Marlon Madden)
Mon, January 21, 2013 - 5:10 PM
Scores of Democratic Labour Party (DLP) supporters dressed in party colours flocked to Fitts Village beach in Fitts Village, St James this evening for an Errol Barrow Day celebration organized by the ruling party.
The event, which attracted a handful of vendors, started with a round of entertainment which saw a mixed audience of young and more mature people dancing and rocking to some of the more popular soca, calypso and dance hall tunes.
The anxious crowd is now swelling under the watchful eye of members of the Royal Barbados Police Force.
A number of parliamentarians, including Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, are expected to take to the stage later this evening. (MM)
More details to come
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Working to secure future
- daneale o'neale commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- Carl Harper commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on Wall of Art
- Tony Webster commented on THE BIG PICTURE: Sacred and profane