Errol Barrow Day celebrations underwayMinister of Finance Chris Sinckler and party supporters and this evening's event. (Marlon Madden)
Mon, January 21, 2013 - 5:10 PM
Scores of Democratic Labour Party (DLP) supporters dressed in party colours flocked to Fitts Village beach in Fitts Village, St James this evening for an Errol Barrow Day celebration organized by the ruling party.
The event, which attracted a handful of vendors, started with a round of entertainment which saw a mixed audience of young and more mature people dancing and rocking to some of the more popular soca, calypso and dance hall tunes.
The anxious crowd is now swelling under the watchful eye of members of the Royal Barbados Police Force.
A number of parliamentarians, including Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, are expected to take to the stage later this evening. (MM)
More details to come
- Editor's Choice
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments
- Orson Arthur commented on $60M loss