Facility for students soonJuanita Brathwaite. (FP)
Wed, October 31, 2012 - 12:07 AM
The much mooted facility for at risk students should be up and running for the start of the 2013-2014 school year.
Juanita Brathwaite, senior psychologist in the Ministry of Education, said yesterday a proposal was actively being considered for the alternative school, which is to be sited at the old Erdiston Primary School.
“[It is] for children who are having challenges with the traditional school setting, who have been having challenges with constant suspension, and who are on the verge of expulsion.
“And the programme basically is to provide wrap-around support for these children. Many of them have learning difficulties, and right now in the regular school system they don’t have access to remedial classes and special education,” Brathwaite explained. (YB)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- wayne husbands commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert