Facility for students soonJuanita Brathwaite. (FP)
Wed, October 31, 2012 - 12:07 AM
The much mooted facility for at risk students should be up and running for the start of the 2013-2014 school year.
Juanita Brathwaite, senior psychologist in the Ministry of Education, said yesterday a proposal was actively being considered for the alternative school, which is to be sited at the old Erdiston Primary School.
“[It is] for children who are having challenges with the traditional school setting, who have been having challenges with constant suspension, and who are on the verge of expulsion.
“And the programme basically is to provide wrap-around support for these children. Many of them have learning difficulties, and right now in the regular school system they don’t have access to remedial classes and special education,” Brathwaite explained. (YB)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on Key points: Clive Lloyd on Windies cricket
- Wayne Webster commented on Ebola test for 90 Nigerian students
- Wayne Webster commented on ‘Do more’ for centenarians
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- Wayne Webster commented on FIFIA officials to return watches