Family puzzled by lad’s deathSHAWN GILL ((GP))
By YVETTE BEST | Tue, October 30, 2012 - 12:09 AM
SHAWN GILL went for his usual Sunday swim at Browne’s Beach, St Michael, last Sunday.
He did not make it home this time.
Friends and family of the 20-year-old Waterford, St Michael resident are still trying to figure out what happened between the time he left home around 1:30 p.m. Sunday and when his body was pulled from the waters by people at the beach at 7:30 a.m. yesterday.
What makes the turn of events more difficult to process is that Gill was a Sea Cadet and could swim and dive.
Calls to Gill’s cellphone went unanswered overnight and yesterday relatives called the hospital and other places, trying to locate him.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Simon Templar commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- Tony Webster commented on AWRIGHT DEN!: Well done, Harold
- Francis Blackman commented on Danger zone
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on Key points: Clive Lloyd on Windies cricket
- Wayne Webster commented on Ebola test for 90 Nigerian students