Family puzzled by lad’s deathSHAWN GILL ((GP))
By YVETTE BEST | Tue, October 30, 2012 - 12:09 AM
SHAWN GILL went for his usual Sunday swim at Browne’s Beach, St Michael, last Sunday.
He did not make it home this time.
Friends and family of the 20-year-old Waterford, St Michael resident are still trying to figure out what happened between the time he left home around 1:30 p.m. Sunday and when his body was pulled from the waters by people at the beach at 7:30 a.m. yesterday.
What makes the turn of events more difficult to process is that Gill was a Sea Cadet and could swim and dive.
Calls to Gill’s cellphone went unanswered overnight and yesterday relatives called the hospital and other places, trying to locate him.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past