Wed, January 23, 2013 - 12:05 AM
Barbados has a history of producing world class cricketers.
That rich tradition was again in evidence when five Barbadian players were named to the 15-member West Indies squad to take part in the Women’s ICC Cricket World Cup slated to begin at the end of this month.
Twin sisters Kyshona and Kycia Knight, Deandra Dottin, Shaquana Quintyne and Shakera Selman are all part of the touring party to India.
Yesterday, when MIDWEEKSPORT caught up with the players at the Grantley Adams International Airport, they were all in bright spirits.
Here from left are Quintyne, Kyshona, Dottin, Kycia and Selman, just before their departure. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally