Fantasy launchFantasy's River Nile (Picture by Reco Moore)
Sat, May 04, 2013 - 12:06 AM
FANTASY BARBADOS recently launched their Crop Over 2013 band Wonders Of Egypt in the Walcott Warner Theatre at the Errol Barrow Centre For Creative Imagination, University of the West Indies Cave Hill.
The band, led by Amanda Reifer, is in its third year and features four sections, all of which highlight the fascinating history of ancient Egypt. They are Sahara Desert, River Nile, Cleopatra and Antony, and Egyptian Gods and Goddesses, which contains two individual female sections named after goddesses Hathor and Isis.
With pinks, blues, reds, feathers, beads and rhinestones, much thought was put into the costumes’ design and concept and with all lights spotted on the runway, well sculpted men and women walked down the catwalk displaying the vibrant costumes. (NS)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on St Joseph folk cry out for water
- Bim Bum commented on 70 acres scorched
- Orson Arthur commented on Danger lurks in the bush
- Sodi S commented on Smaller turn-out, but Beach Party still thrills crowd
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Jealousy made me break up marriage