Flu warning at Geriatric
Thu, November 01, 2012 - 6:14 PM
An outbreak of influenza at the Geriatric Hospital has forced the Ministry of Health to restrict visits to patients on affected wards.
In a Government Information Service release today, the ministry urged relatives to only visit family members and not “wander on to other wards” while on the compound. In addition, people experiencing flu-like symptoms have been told to stay away.
Family members have been requested to follow the instructions given by management and staff at the Geriatric Hospital, “as steps are being taken to treat the affected patients and ensure that proper hygiene practices are followed by staff and patients”.
The ministry added it regretted any inconvenience caused. (BW/BGIS)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’