Fly Montserrat grounded
Wed, October 17, 2012 - 8:45 AM
BRADES, Montserrat – The Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority (ECCAA) has grounded Fly Montserrat following the second incident involving the airline on Tuesday when the plane skidded off the runway stopping meters before a cliff.
Seven people, including the pilot escaped injury after Flight 2109 forced the closure of the John Osborne Airport after “going off the side of the runway”.
On October 7, the three people including the pilot were killed after a Fly Montserrat plane crashed soon after taking off from the V.C. Bird International airport in Antigua.
The ECCA has written to Fly Montserrat restricting it from flying into any ECCAA country, mainly within the nine-member sub-regional Organisation of Eastern. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Is not wanting children selfish?
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?
- D. Stoute commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Mia Colucci commented on Tight-lipped