Fly Montserrat grounded
Wed, October 17, 2012 - 8:45 AM
BRADES, Montserrat – The Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority (ECCAA) has grounded Fly Montserrat following the second incident involving the airline on Tuesday when the plane skidded off the runway stopping meters before a cliff.
Seven people, including the pilot escaped injury after Flight 2109 forced the closure of the John Osborne Airport after “going off the side of the runway”.
On October 7, the three people including the pilot were killed after a Fly Montserrat plane crashed soon after taking off from the V.C. Bird International airport in Antigua.
The ECCA has written to Fly Montserrat restricting it from flying into any ECCAA country, mainly within the nine-member sub-regional Organisation of Eastern. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’