Free wireless ‘not far off’Melanie Jones. (FP)
By Natasha Beckles | Tue, July 26, 2011 - 12:08 AM
Barbados is making steady progress towards becoming the first country in the world to have free wireless access everywhere.
This is according to Melanie Jones, business facilitation champion of the Barbados Entrepreneurship Foundation (BEF) which is seeking to ensure that there is free Wi-Fi Internet access around Barbados by November 11, 2011.
Speaking during a Press conference at the Woodland Plantation, St George office of McKinney Rogers International, Jones said “there has been a tremendous cross-sectoral buy-in to this mission”.
“We have many cafes and restaurants and other recreational venues across the island who have already created the free guest Wi-Fi networks,” she reported.
Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years