FTC to rule in Digi, LIME disputeChief executive officer of Digicel, Barry O’Brien. (FP)
Tue, February 12, 2013 - 12:09 AM
Digicel Barbados could be one step closer to entering the local landline market following a Fair Trading Commission (FTC) decision, according to chief executive officer of Digicel, Barry O’Brien.
During a Press conference yesterday at Hilton Barbados, the Digicel boss told reporters: “The Fair Trading Commission now has agreed that this is a dispute that they are now going to make judgment on.”
The FTC was called in as a result of the failure of LIME and Digicel to broker an agreement on changing the terms of the interconnection deal between the parties to allow Digicel to add fixed line services to its mobile network.
Digicel currently offers mobile, Internet and a number of technological solutions for businesses. (MM)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port