Gabby: Honour puts arts in focusWell known entertainer, folklorist, social activist and calypsonian, Anthony "Gabby" Carter. (Rawle Culbard)
Sat, October 27, 2012 - 12:15 PM
It has been a week since Barbados’ most outstanding and well known entertainer, folklorist, social activist and calypsonian, Anthony Carter, Chief Omawale Mighty Gabby was bestowed a degree of Doctor of Letters, honoris causa by the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill.
Gabby also known for his prolific calypso writings, however, sees the honorary degree as impetus for greater focus on the arts and the cultural development of Barbados.
John Sealy, associate editor at The Nation sat down with Gabby recently for an extensive interview to get his reaction to the honour and the way forward.
Full story in tomorrow's SUNDAY SUN
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port