Gas pipeline still a few years awayManaging director of Barbados Light & Power Holdings Ltd, Peter Williams. (FP)
Wed, September 05, 2012 - 12:08 AM
The much mooted gas pipeline from Trinidad to Barbados is still a “couple” of years off.
That is the estimate of the managing director of Barbados Light & Power Holdings Ltd, Peter Williams, who spoke to the MIDWEEK NATION during a break from the Caribbean Electric Utility Service Corporation (CARILEC) Forum at the Caribbean Development Bank, Wildey, St Michael yesterday.
“A lot of that discussion is ongoing, but they are projects that require significant amounts of capital investment, particularly pipeline in terms of gas supply.
“I wish it were something that could be resolved and agreed upon overnight, but it is taking quite a long time. But I know that the intent is there,” Williams said. (YB)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally