Gearing upMinister Chris Sinckler. (FP)
Sun, October 21, 2012 - 12:10 AM
A former elections chief is to lead the Opposition Barbados Labour Party’s (BLP) campaign for the upcoming general election, while Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler is to be the ruling Democratic Labour Party’s campaign mobilizer.
The SUNDAY SUN has been reliably informed that these decisions have been endorsed at the highest level of both major political parties, ahead of the general election constitutionally due by April.
When contacted yesterday, Leader of the Opposition Owen Arthur confirmed that his party’s full campaign team had been chosen and that former chairman of the Electoral & Boundaries Commission (EBC), Philip “Jimmy” Serrao, would serve as campaign manager.
Serrao, an attorney at law, was a member of the EBC from 1985 to 1990 and one of its longest serving chairmen who led the elections agency for 15 years – from 1995 to 2010. (DP/KJ)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down