Get real!TERRY INNISS: calling for a sports culture shift. (FP)
Sun, October 28, 2012 - 12:10 AM
ANOTHER ADMINISTRATOR BELIEVES it’s time Barbados stopped making sport at sports.
Former Barbados Amateur Basketball Association president Terry Inniss contends that the country’s high-profile struggles will persist until the public starts treating sports like a business and not a pastime.
Inniss called for the culture change in response to the recent criticisms levelled at the Barbados Olympic Association for the country’s well-publicized failures at major international meets.
“We pay lip service to our sportspeople and it is surprising that [they] get as far as they do, based on the sort of support that we give them,” Inniss reasoned. (JM)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?