Get real!TERRY INNISS: calling for a sports culture shift. (FP)
Sun, October 28, 2012 - 12:10 AM
ANOTHER ADMINISTRATOR BELIEVES it’s time Barbados stopped making sport at sports.
Former Barbados Amateur Basketball Association president Terry Inniss contends that the country’s high-profile struggles will persist until the public starts treating sports like a business and not a pastime.
Inniss called for the culture change in response to the recent criticisms levelled at the Barbados Olympic Association for the country’s well-publicized failures at major international meets.
“We pay lip service to our sportspeople and it is surprising that [they] get as far as they do, based on the sort of support that we give them,” Inniss reasoned. (JM)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Simon Templar commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- Tony Webster commented on AWRIGHT DEN!: Well done, Harold
- Francis Blackman commented on Danger zone
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on Key points: Clive Lloyd on Windies cricket
- Wayne Webster commented on Ebola test for 90 Nigerian students