GG tours Olympic Museum
Fri, October 19, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave got into an Olympic mood yesterday.
The island’s Head of State, who is also patron of the Barbados Olympic Association (BOA), was taken on a special tour of the BOA’s Olympic Museum yesterday.
The museum, the only one of its kind in the Eastern Caribbean, houses pictures of almost every Barbadian who has ever worn national colours at a Summer Games. In addition, there are pieces of memorabilia which have been either worn or used by Barbadian Olympians as well as pictures from other Games.
After the 30-minute tour, which was attended by vice-president Ralph Johnson, secretary general Erskine Simmons and several directors, BOA president Steve Stoute told Sir Elliott he hoped one day the Head of State of Barbados would be present at the Olympic Games.
Smiling, Sir Elliott said he would certainly love to take in the next Games in Rio de Janeiro once his calendar allowed. (BA)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’
- Orson Arthur commented on Samoa-bound
- Carl Harper commented on Fees ‘best option’