Gifts of love
By Gercine Carter | Tue, November 27, 2012 - 12:07 AM
BARBADOS’ MOTTO OF PRIDE AND INDUSTRY was again gloriously exemplified yesterday by a group of students of St Leonard’s Boys’ Secondary School.
Close to 60 third formers, calling themselves Junior Nation Builders, proudly presented gift packages to eight “worthy” Barbadians.
In true patriotic spirit they had volunteered for an Independence project in which they pledged to perform 46 good community deeds, representing each year of Barbados’ Independence. Yesterday’s deed was the presentation of hampers to some less fortunate Barbadians.
From the beginning of November and continuing throughout the month, these loyal sons have been cleaning up communities, bringing cheer to seniors in senior citizens’ homes and day care centres and also helping to tidy up those premises.
They have also been donating clothing and food items purchased partly from their own pockets and their parents’.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert