Gittens fails to advanceBarbados’ Ramon Gittens (l) trying to keep pace with Jamaica’s Asafa Powell (c) and Netherlands’ Churandy Martina in theiir 100m
By Sherrylyn A Toppin in London | Sat, August 04, 2012 - 12:56 PM
LONDON - Ramon Gittens of Barbados did not reach the send round of the men's 100 metres here at the London 2012 Olympic Games this morning.
Gittens never recovered from a bad start and finished sixth in 10.35 seconds. The race was won by Jamaica's Asafa Powell in 10.04 seconds.
His compatriots Usain Bolt (10.09) and Yohan Blake (10.00) also won their heats to reach tomorrow's semi-finals.
Trinidad and Tobago's Richard Thompson, Rondel Sorrillo and Keston Bledman have also advanced. (SAT)
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments