Golding seeking treatment abroadFormer prime minister Bruce Golding (FP)
Sun, July 29, 2012 - 3:07 PM
KINGSTON, Jamaica, July 29, CMC - Former prime minister Bruce Golding is expected leave Jamaica on Sunday for medical treatment in the United States.
Golding, who stepped down from office last year ahead of last December general elections, recently had back surgery. However, a second procedure was performed following some complications and sources Golding, 64, is due to travel to Florida where he will undergo tests and possibly more surgery next week.
The main opposition Jamaica Labour Party (JLP), which Golding previously headed, expected to issue a statement on the matter later on Sunday.
Golding has kept a low profile since demitting office and has made very few public appearances since leaving Jamaica House, the official residence of the Jamaica Prime Minister.
- Editor's Choice
- G Philips commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments
- Frank Husbands commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Orson Arthur commented on $60M loss
- Georges Augustin commented on Embrace African heritage!