Gun watchPrime Minister Freundel Stuart. (FP)
Sun, November 11, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Government says it is keeping a close eye on the upsurge in shootings across Barbados, particularly in some City districts, and will not let it “get out of hand”.
The assurance has come from Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, who told the media after the Democratic Labour Party’s mass canvass in St Peter yesterday that his administration would be paying “special attention” to the gunplay.
“I have noted the spike, and we are keeping the matter under review,” Stuart said. “When the National Security Council meets very shortly, we will be devoting some special attention to the issue because we cannot allow it to get out of hand.”
He added the Government was also concerned about the number of firearms in the hands of young people. (MB/LK)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Tony Webster commented on MONDAY MAN: On guard, by God’s grace
- Wayne Webster commented on Time to step up
- Pan Wallie commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: I love outside man, despite the blows
- Pan Wallie commented on Fire officers to get a hand