Gweneven sails inThe Gweneven sailed into Barbados this afternoon. (Kenmore Bynoe)
Wed, December 26, 2012 - 4:16 PM
It was a day past Christmas and not three but one ship came sailing into the Careenage at the end of its long journey across the Atlantic in the Panerai race.
Just after 1:20 p.m. the seventh placed Gweneven and its relieved four member French crew sailed into the Inner Basin to a rousing reception from the members of the previous six winners as well as friends and family waiting to welcome the brave sailors.
With little English at their disposal, captain Oren Nataf’s fiancée, Sarah Drevillon translated that the four were happy to reach Barbados after 23 days on the open sea.
They were hoping to reach Barbados on Christmas day but 250 miles out the spinnaker broke which delayed their arrival. (KB)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years