Hammie to quit politics
Fri, August 10, 2012 - 12:12 AM
Signalling his intention to quit politics, Hamilton Lashley is advising whoever succeeds him as Member of Parliament for St. Michael South East, to make the constitutents their priority.
Lashley said today he would continue until elections are called and warned that St Michael South East was as “an intolerant constituency” and did not keep representatives long if they did not perform.
“To me if you are entering politics and your primary purpose is not to serve the people, then it does not make any sense getting involved. To me God comes first, people second and party third.Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments